Consultant Rheumatologist – MB Bch PhD
Contact & Additional Information
- Phone 083-8980654 or
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary Mel & Annette
- inflammatory arthritis
Achievements / Experience
Dr Catherine Sullivan graduated from UCD in 2001 with honours and went on the complete higher specialist training in rheumatology and internal medicine.
During her training, she was awarded a PhD by NUI Galway for several years of laboratory research carried out in Galway and Harvard University Boston. The results of this novel research into the role of mesenchymal stem cells in murine models of inflammatory arthritis were published in peer-reviewed journals.
Dr Sullivan was appointed as a permanent consultant in Galway University Hospital in 2013 but relocated back to Dublin in 2017 for family reasons. During her time in Galway, she was the clinical lead for a European study of stem cells in knee OA in collaboration with the Regenerative Medicine Institute in GUH.
She has a wide range of experience in the management and treatment of all rheumatological disorders and a special interest in inflammatory arthritis and in particular the spondyloarthropathies.
Education & Training
- Certificate in Healthcare Management (University College Dublin) – 2011, Medal Winner Mater Hospital / Smurfit Business School Business Proposal 2012
- Ph.D. (NUI Galway)
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Gene Therapy in Inflammatory Arthritis – June 2010.
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland – November 2003.
- United States Medical Licensing Examinations – 2002
- MB BCh BAO (Hons.), National University of Ireland, Dublin – May 2001
- Sports Surgery Clinic
- Irish Society of Rheumatology